Saturday, August 13, 2011

Engagement Date: May 15, 2011





Engagement Story:

Last spring, Scott and I were out at the farm to hunt turkey.  Unfortunately the turkeys were not cooperating. On Sunday we started getting ready to head back to Minnesota.  Before we left, we cracked open some beers and went for a walk to put up game cameras on the saddle.  As we were walking back, Scott said he wanted to sit down on this little prairie knoll overlooking the tree-covered hills of Richland County.  As we sat there looking out over the beautiful driftless area of Wisconsin, finishing our New Glarus brews, I thought to myself... he is going to ask me to marry him!  Seconds later he proposed! No joke - even though I was surprised, I knew it was the right place and the right time.  I asked him soon after when he decided to ask me and he told me, "oh, like 2 minutes ago when we sat down".  It was spontaneous and perfect.  So even though Scott didn't bag his turkey that weekend, he bagged a Berkley.

No comments:

Post a Comment